This page lists the various computer games I've actively played since the middle of the nineties. Each section provides links to any communites I've been involved in or websites I've made. The page is layed out in a roughly chronological order with the most recent games at the top.
- Current games
- On/off games
- Past games
Generally I tend to favor Real-Time Strategy games and First Person Shooters. I do, however, also enjoy turned-based strategy games, some Role-Playing-Games as well as a few racing simulation games.
As an avatar on forums and in games I almost always use the picture to the right. It is a screen capture of the turtle Bert in the Civil Defense film Duck and Cover (1951).
- Steam ID :: mwaf
- mwaf @IRCNet
- mwaf @QuakeNet
- mwaf @GameSurge
On/off games are ones that I might not be playing activly right now, but keep coming back to from time to time.
Impossible to get rid of this game, I've been a fan of this series since the demo for Civilization came on a diskette in a Mac Format magazine.
Grim Fandango deserves to be on this list simply because it's such a brilliant game and the fact that I end up playing through it again once every few years.
As a RTS fan I do obivously have SC2 as well. Mainly just playing 3s and 4s with friends.
WoW is a MMORPG developed by Blizzard. I played a 10-day trial in February 2007 and got the game in March. In August of 2007 I ended my subscription, I was around level 56 with my main at that time. In January 2008 I bought the expansion and started playing again. I play on the European realms listed below.
- vonPicasso (80), Human Warlock, DPS. The first character I made and thus also my main. Vonpic is not longer actively raiding but still sitting in Tre Lowen.
- Urkmurkenist (80), Dwarf Warrior, Tank. Created to tank in a group of five, but since extended to being GM for a few more RL friends. Doing casual 10 man raiding with Urkmurk.
- Frozen Path - Our own guild for RL friends.
- mwaf (80), Dranei Shaman, Healer. Currently my main 10 man character. Previously known as Montomeh.
- Zombokom (80), Night Elf Druid, Healer. Doing exclusively PvP healing with Zombokom despite the fact that the "infinate is possible" with a druid.
- Goghmoz (80), Troll Shaman, Healer. Currently my main 25 man raiding main. Rerolled another resto shaman in order to do 25 mans in a guild with a few real life friends.
I also have a bunch of sub level 20 characters on various realms. I've decided to exclude them from this list since I play them so irregularly.
TF2 is a FPS game developed by Valve that was released in 2007. I got the game with one week of pre-order beta in September 2007. At some point I was rather active in the Control Point podcast community. Note that my TF2 achievments are more or less "real", i.e. no achievement_box nonsense.
- Steam TF2 stats
- mwaf @ Spikealyzer
- mwaf @ Gametracker
- mwaf @ Lokalen Team Fortress 2 (HLstatsX)
- mwaf @ Control Point | tf2.deadworkers.com (Gametracker)
- mwaf @ Simiancage Offical Maps (HLstatsX)
- mwaf @ Simiancage Custom Maps (HLstatsX)
- mwaf's profile @ Control Point podcast forums
- mwaf's profile @ Lokalen.nu - Team Fortress 2
- mwaf's profile @ GameReplays.org - Team Fortress 2
- mwaf's profile @ Steam Forums - Team Fortress 2
CoH is a RTS game realeased in 2006 by Relic Entertainment. I got the game in October of 2006 and have been active mainly in the GameReplays.org community. The Opposing Fronts beta didn't impress me and I had a half year break from CoH between the release of Opposing Fronts and patch 2.301 that introduced Team Automatch.
- coh.mwaf.fi - A collection of CoH realted pages.
- mwaf's stats @ coh.relicrank.com
- mwaf's stats on 2007-01-08
- mwaf's stats on 2007-04-09
- Finnish Sisu Company [FIN] stats @ coh.relicrank.com
- #coh.fi @IRCNet
Additional past games include at least the following.
- Rise of Nations / Dawn of War / Settlers X
- Age of Mythology
- Hidden & Dangerous
- PS2: Prince of Persia / Gran Turismo / Grand Theft Auto
- Settlers 3
- Grand Prix 2
- Duke Nukem / Quake